TEF FOR NATURALIZATION EXAM MARSEILLE
Objectives of the TEF for Naturalization test
The TEF for Naturalization (French Evaluation Test) measures the test-taker’s proficiency in oral French (oral comprehension and oral expression) at a given moment in time. It is not a French course, but rather a test confirming the taker’s knowledge of French.
The French Ministry of the Interior requires proof of French language education for people wishing to apply for naturalization in France.
Taking the TEF for Naturalization test at the World Trade Center Marseille Provence Language Center
The TEF for Naturalization is made up of two inseparable oral exams:
- The oral comprehension exam (CO). . This exam is given in the form of a multiple-choice questionnaire with questions related to situations in everyday life.
- 60 questions
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Score: 360 pts
- Oral expression exam (EO).(EO)
- 2 topics
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Score: 450 pts
- Procedure to register for the TEF for Naturalization test
To register for a TEF for Naturalization session, you must:
- Register online. Correctly fill out your first and last name, date of birth, mailing address, and e-mail address.
- Pay the indicated fee.
- Print the registration document (proof of payment).
One week before the test, you will receive an e-mailed notification indicating the times of the two exams.
The day of the test, you must present a currently valid passport, ID card, or driver’s license along with your e-mailed notification. If there is any uncertainty, the examiner may ask you for a second form of identification.
Please note: Your registration for the TEF for Naturalization test is confirmed and final.
You will not be reimbursed if you decide not to attend.
You will not be reimbursed for leaving the exam in the middle.
Online sample exams: Click here
Download the Français 3.0 mobile app, available for iPhone and Android
TEF for Naturalization exam dates
The World Trade Center Marseille Provence Language Center offers multiple sittings of the TEF for Naturalization test each month.