03/09/2018 - MARSEILLE CAPITAL OF DIGITAL METROPOLIS ?
Marseille capital of digital wants to become a world city specialized in new technologies.
Indeed, the city of Marseille will set up this event, alongside the French Tech and its many partners. This will be led by Daniel Sperling, deputy mayor of Marseille for Innovation and Development by Digital in particular.
This event will take place from September 2nd to the 7th, it will take place in Israel. The DLD forum, is a real digital festival for start-ups around the world.
Why our city may be a digital staple? Because it has many advantages:
- A high-tech DNA with high economic potential: 40,000 jobs in the digital sector, 7,000 companies, local digital champions
- Structuring projects with different strategic areas; Smart Cities, Big Data / cloud, e-health, digital / audiovisual marketing
- Aix-Marseille University: the largest French university in the world
- Geographical advantages: convergence of submarine optical cables linking the Mediterranean Basin to Africa and Asia
- Infrastructure favorable to project promoters: Château Gombert Technopole, Marseille Provence World Trade Center, Belle de Mai Media Center and other third-party sites integrating digital mediation
In addition, this meeting will allow the city of Marseille to develop its interconnection at the global level and to benefit from exchange meetings (cultural, social and digital).
Also, for the city of Marseille the DLD 2018 is a perfect opportunity to present both its knowledge of excellence in the different fields: health, energy, aeronautics, industry. But also, to attract new talents and investors in the Aix-Marseille Provence metropolis. Thus, encourage the establishment of new start-ups.
For more information: